Monday, January 7, 2013

Christmas 2012

    I'm finally blogging about my favorite time of year the holiday season filled with wonderful activities and time spent together with my favorite people. Me and Gregg are so grateful for the many blessings that we have been given, and the wonderful people we get to have a part of our lives. Enjoy the picture overload....
 Our little family at the light parade in Preston. My favorite thing to do Thanksgiving weekend is to take Shakobe to the light parade then drive around to the cool decked out houses. Preston knows how to deliver on the holiday spirit.

Shakobe and the Herd kids driving around looking at christmas lights together. The flash was a little too bright for Shakobe but he loves these special moments with his cousins cuz they all fight to sit by him and make the car ride so much more enjoyable for him.
 My fam at the Child christmas party this year. My mom was in charge and planned some really fun games. This one for example we had to blow up balloon's, stuff them in a pair of nylons, pick a team mate to where it on there head (as a reindeer.), and run to the other end of the room to decorate another teammate like a christmas tree.  My dad was the reindeer, and my mom was the Christmas tree. Gregg was sure to use every supply we had even cardboard rolls, and was taping ornaments to my moms face if not wrapping tinfoil around her entire face making it hard to breath. Thanks mom for putting up with all of Gregg s torturing. What a good sport.. LOL it was hilarious.
Santa's newest reindeer Shakobe the Red Cheeks Reindeer!!
I finally got brave and decided to cut my little boys adorable curly locks. His dad mentioned he was starting to look like a girl, so before I changed my mind I told him to take him into the salon. He was my best mini client I have ever had. He sat completly still and did not fuss at all. Such a good little boy, and he looks so handsome with his new hairdo.
 Christmas Eve. We all got each other pajamas and shakobe got some christmas books!!!
 A year before me and Gregg got married we started a tradition of giving each other a christmas tree ornament on Christmas Eve. Shakobe is helping me open my ornament. My Fav!!
 My best little boy so excited for his new christmas jammies and lightening maqueen slippers. LOL. We all need to remind ourselves how its the simplest things that can bring us the most joy in life. No need to over spend.
 Shakobe on christmas morning so excited for his new Patriots sweat suit. Him and Daddy got a couple matching outfits to support their sports teams.
 
 Shakobe got a stuffed Yoda for christmas and was giving him lots of hugs. He is the best hugger in the world I love this little snuggle bug so much!!
 
 My favorite christmas present. A Ray Lewis Jersey. He is my favoritest football player in the whole entire world and I just hugged that thing like nobody s business. SOOO happy!!
Shakobe with his favorite present. John Deere tractors. He screamed OHHHHH every time we took one of those tractors out of the box. Just like his Grandpa Henry he loves John Deere. Funny little boy!!!
Mine and Greggs favorite little girl sitting on my lap christmas day. She is such sweet little thing and we are so grateful for how well she loves to take care of shakobe. You can tell too because Shakobe will keep hugging and kissing her whenever she is around. It was so great to have her and her brothers around during christmas  break. Shakobe had a blast playing with them and his Carpenter cousins. 
 The biggest christmas present of all this year! We surprised our families with the news that we have another one on the way. Becoming a mother has been the best blessing of my entire life. This little boy has brought so much joy into our lives, and I can not believe another one has chosen to be apart of our family.  I know Shakobe was sent here to teach us the true meaning of life, and I know he will pass that on to his sibling. Shakobe has officially become the BEST BIG BROTHER!!

Even though I am only 15 weeks along we found out what we are having. AHH so exciting! Some of you know but some of you do not. Tune in for week 20 and we will spill the beans. ha ha. May you all have a fabulous 2013!!!!!!!

2 comments:

  1. Congratulations! I love it when you update your blog. You should do it more often! Your little guy looks like so much fun. I'm sure this next one will be just as wonderful! Can't wait to find out what you are having!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congrats on baby #2! That is so exciting! Shakobe is getting so big, he's a little stud!

    ReplyDelete

HAPPY HALLOWEEN

HAPPY HALLOWEEN
As you can tell me and Gregg dressed up as bacon and eggs. ha ha. It was the first time in years either of us dressed up and Im so happy my husband was such a good sport about it. We spent halloween night at my sisters house watching my all time favorite halloween movie Hocus Pocus.

Me and my niece and nephew on halloween night. Rylie was a "cute witch" as she would say and my nephew was Edward. The man of all our dreams. It was a fun night.

We or should I say I dressed up our kitty for halloween. He absolutely hated it but put up with it for about five minutes to make me happy.

Rollercoaster

Rollercoaster
So I had to show everyone this picture of our family on the Atlantis rollercoaster at sea world. The looks on everyones faces is priceless. Lol, especially my sisters and myself.