Thursday, February 23, 2012

9 months

Oh my where has the time gone! We took Shakobe in for his 9 month check up yesterday and it is still hard for me to grasp its almost been a year since our little boy came to us. He is a funny, constant growing, "curious" little boy. I say that in quotations because my mom got after us once when we called him naughty, "Don't call him naughty, he is not naughty, he is just curious." LoL Gotta love it. Our curious little boy is into everything he can get his hands on, crawls like crazy, stands up on everything, and in Gregg's words he is "Practicing the Walking Arts." He does so by pushing his walker, pushing his bouncer, walking his Lightening Maqueen race car(I guess he has decided he is much faster walking the race car then driving it.), and is sweet enough he wants his cousin kyn to enjoy the fun too so he pushes her around inside one of his walkers.

Shakobe is also a great eater which I am so grateful for. He likes everything we put in front of him. Gregg told a friend once, "If its food Shakobe will eat it, and sometimes when its not food Shakobe will eat it." We are so blessed to have this amazing little boy in our lives he has givin so much joy to our family. I found a quote that I love from Gordan B Hinkley that reminds me of all our time these passed nine months.

"You will have significant experiences. I hope that you will write them down and keep a record of them, that you will read them from time to time and refresh your memory of those meaningful and significant things. Some may be funny. Some may be significant only to you. Some of them may be sacred and quietly beautiful. Some may build one upon another until they represent a lifetime of special experiences." ~Gordon B. Hinckley, 2006

I love Gordan B Hinkley's quotes me and gregg keep one on our fridge that we read every day to remind us to focus on the many blessings we have. Shakobe is our greatest blessing and I feel truely grateful to be given the opportunity to be his mother. He really has been such a wonderful baby I don't know how we got so lucky. We sure do love or Chunk of Monk.

He was sick with the flu when he went in for his check up but here are his stats even though the weight is probably do to some loss of poundage from the bug he had.
Weight: 20.48 pounds, 45th percentile
Height: 29.25 inches, 77th percentile
Head size: 49.1, off the charts or 100th percentile
Doctor had to remeasure his head to make sure it was right then commented, "Well he is gonna be a smart boy." Could not be more proud of our little Stewie.

Takin Kyn for a ride around the house!! so funny

Went to visit Grandpa at his work on Saturday. Had to try on this awesome hat they have there. Love to visit grandpa and take him and grandma out to dinner.

Went and ate at Golden Carrol and spoiled him with a cupcake and grandma snuck him a bite of cotton candy. Grandma's are big spoilers. The cupcake turned out to be a bad idea for mommy and daddy though. Afterwords Shakobe thought it was time to party like it was 1999 til about 3 in the morning. If any of you are wondering what he was like just watch the movie "Over the Hedge" at the end when the squirrel Hammy drinks the energy drink. Yep that was our little man that evening.

2 comments:

  1. Love the pictures and the quote!!! Reminds me that I need to do better at writing things down and enjoying every minute cause boy does it fly by!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a handsome little guy! I can't believe he is that old, he is so cute. I miss seeing you at school. Maybe one day after this month I can come back. Hope all is well:)

    ReplyDelete

HAPPY HALLOWEEN

HAPPY HALLOWEEN
As you can tell me and Gregg dressed up as bacon and eggs. ha ha. It was the first time in years either of us dressed up and Im so happy my husband was such a good sport about it. We spent halloween night at my sisters house watching my all time favorite halloween movie Hocus Pocus.

Me and my niece and nephew on halloween night. Rylie was a "cute witch" as she would say and my nephew was Edward. The man of all our dreams. It was a fun night.

We or should I say I dressed up our kitty for halloween. He absolutely hated it but put up with it for about five minutes to make me happy.

Rollercoaster

Rollercoaster
So I had to show everyone this picture of our family on the Atlantis rollercoaster at sea world. The looks on everyones faces is priceless. Lol, especially my sisters and myself.