Monday, July 22, 2013

Xavier Clark Rigby

Well I thought I better finally share this summers most exciting news in our household. June 24th 2013 we had our second little boy. I love pregnancy even with its ups and downs I find it to be such a blessing. I have been so fortunate to share my pregnancies with people I look up to very much. First with shakobe I was pregnant the same time as Jess my sister that I consider a hero when it comes to motherhood, and this time my very close friend Jamie. Thanks guys for helping me through this process I love you and will never forget the wonderful opportunity of sharing this time together. 

Now the labor story....My doctor was nice enough to schedule a induction on the 24th which was a week before my due date. Gregg and I woke up at 430 that morning so we could call labor and delivery by 5 to schedule a time to come in. They told us to be there by 7 so my sweet mom woke up early and put her SUPER GRANDMA cape on to come stay with Shakobe while we were at the hospital. Of the whole process leaving Shakobe was the most difficult thing for me to do.  Im very grateful to my mom for helping our family through this big change. Not only were we having a baby, but I had never left Shakobe over night before.  I had the hardest time walking out the door that morning not knowing exactly how long it would be until I could see my beautiful two year old again. Somehow Gregg talked me into getting into our car and we set off for the hospital. When we got to our room we were told that I was strep B positive so I had to be hooked up to antibiotics for 4 hours before I could deliver the baby. After about an hour and a half of being on antibiotics they hooked me up to the pit and things progressed really well. It was a night and day difference from labor with Shakobe I was so grateful. As the day progressed so did the contractions and mid afternoon I had my epidural (life saver. ha, ha.). I had to lay on my side from that time on and put me on oxygen because the baby's heart rate was having trouble staying where it should be. Which made the nurses concerned that the cord may be wrapped around his neck. By 5 that night Gregg and I began to wonder if we were in for another long stay in the delivery room because I was only dialated a 5. We both began to pray that our little guy would be okay and that we could have him with us soon. A hour later  Dr Craig (my doc) came to check on me before she went home for dinner. Considering I was only a 5 earlier she thought I had probably not changed much but in an hour's time I had gone all the way to an 8. She left thinking we still had a ways to go. A little less then an half hour went by and the baby's heart rate dropped all the way down to 60 so my nurse rushed in and very calmly told us it may be time for us to have our baby. She checked me and I was at a 9 1/2 so they called doctor craig  to hurry back.  Luckily she did not live very far away cuz she was there in no time. I began pushing and the little stinker was just like his brother not wanting to come out. They discovered his shoulders were stuck so they had a nurse push down on my stomoch to help get his shoulders out and help prevent his collar bone from breaking. What a team I had; we were so lucky. Finally at 715pm Xavier Clark Rigby was born. He did have the cord around his neck but it was loose so the doctor could slip it off quickly. Xavier was 8 pounds 14 ounces 20.5 inches long. The first thing we said when we saw him was how much he looked like his big brother. Thank you for all the support and prayers that were given to us. Gregg and I know we are very blessed to have these two precious boys.
 Gregg and I shortly after we made it to the hospital. I dont know why I agree to these pictures.
 Our beautiful bundle of joy right after he was born. The nurse could not believe how big his hands were. We laughed cuz we got the same comment when we had shakobe.
 Mom and Dad with Xavier right after he was born.
 Xavier meeting Great grandpa for the first time.
 Meeting Great Grandma for the first time
 Grandpa and his second grandson.
 Grandpa Henry meeting Xavier

 The Carpenters meeting Xavier for the first time. Kyn just loves him, she is already a perfect little mother to him. Shakobe and him were wearing matching onezies which I love.
 One of my favorite pictures shakobe loves his grandpas and I know xavier will be just like him.

Aunt kristin and shakobe. So many of our family members brought our boys gifts and I just want to tell you thank you so much for loving my boys and being so supportive of us. Thats the most important thing to me that my boys know how lucky they are.

 Xavier meeting Aunt Nat and Kaidance. Aunt kimmie came and saw us a few times at the hospital also.

 He already knows the Grandmas are good for snuggling. He has the cutest grin on his face.
 Saylor meeTing baby X. This little girl is the best I love her so much and she is the sweetest little friend to Shakobe and now X.
 Aunt Jamie and Baby X
 The Herd kids saved me and Shakobe by stopping by to be wild beasts with shakobe that before was bored to death. They were being so wild in fact that some of them were losing there pants. lol
 Chunk and Sis Sis having a ball.
Our first picture as a family of 4. This is when Shakobe met Xavier for the first time. Xavier gave his big brother a present to tell him how happy he was to be with him again. He gave him a monster truck which was a major hit and the book "Just me and my little brother." We got it all on video of him opening his present then us four reading the book together. It was the most precious moment of my entire life. I love these boys so much and I am so blessed to have them for my sons. 

1 comment:

  1. He is adorable, Jena! You and Gregg make such handsome little boys, you better have a few more! Congratulations. I'm really happy that he is here and all is well. Enjoy!



As you can tell me and Gregg dressed up as bacon and eggs. ha ha. It was the first time in years either of us dressed up and Im so happy my husband was such a good sport about it. We spent halloween night at my sisters house watching my all time favorite halloween movie Hocus Pocus.
Me and my niece and nephew on halloween night. Rylie was a "cute witch" as she would say and my nephew was Edward. The man of all our dreams. It was a fun night.
We or should I say I dressed up our kitty for halloween. He absolutely hated it but put up with it for about five minutes to make me happy.


So I had to show everyone this picture of our family on the Atlantis rollercoaster at sea world. The looks on everyones faces is priceless. Lol, especially my sisters and myself.