Monday, July 9, 2012

What June Brought us!!

So I am finally catching up on some of the things we have done this summer. I realized it is like major picture overload so Im cutting down to what we did through the month of June. Tonz of fun I love love love summer!
 My brother Josh was able to come and visit for a few days and we all had a BBQ together. We had alot of fun and Gregg and the boys played for hours at the park. All the kids love Gregg so much I feel pretty lucky. Even though to them Im just the lady to ask if they cant see Gregg right away. They figure I can lead them to him. lol.
 Gregg celebrated another birthday this June. 29 if you can believe. I love my hubby so much he is the best husband and Daddy anybody could ever ask for.
We have great neighbors that have lead us on some great hikes we have been able to go on together. And a extra plus our little man got to go feed the ducks at first dam which he absolutely loved. even without his swimgear on he was heading through the water to go get him some ducks. Good thing daddy had a tight hold of him.
Shakobe and I gave Gregg the choice to go away for the weekend wherever he wanted. He chose to go see the Herd kids and head up to Yellowstone for a few days. We decided to just pick up the kids and take them with us. So glad we did it made the trip that much more memorable.
 Gregg and the kids at the 3 Bear restaraunt where we had breakfast every morning!
 Our condo we stayed in was next door to the Grizzly discovery center so every morning we went over to check out the bears and wolves. And had the kids be apart of the Rangers lessons they do for children about  bears. They loved it and talked about it the whole trip the boys were so proud they new how to defend themselves from bears. Saylor just wondered where Yogi bear was since we had his friend "Boo Boo" (shakobe) in our group.
 Saylor and Kanyon in one of the bear traps. They look pretty happy to be caught.
 On the famous big bear couch at the Grizzly center!
 At one of the many beautiful waterfalls in Yellowstone!
 Shakobe trying to escape from his stroller. I know Grandmas your probably holding your breath looking at our little daredevil. There is not much this kid is afraid of. Which frightens his mommy!
 Gregg is the perfect guide to have on a yellowstone trip he knows alot of history behind the places there and the kids were more interested in it from what they learned. Here at some paint and mud pots.
 Had a yummy picnic in Mammoth! The kids were all happy to be out of the car and eat if you cant tell. At that picnic we named all the animals we had seen that day and saylor said at the end, "But we have not seen any Elephants. (sad face)" Lol.. And thats after Dax told us that he was sure he had just seen either a buffalo or a kangaroo he could not tell. Ha Ha. How exotic that place is getting.
 Everyone at the volcano museum. One of our favorite stops.
 Upper/lower falls. I dont think I took a single breath the whole way down to it and I made everyone hold hands. Look closely and you see my favorite people standing at the top of this giant waterfall.
 We stopped at this really cool Indian battle field. Me and gregg both being very into native american history we were very impressed with this place.
 Look at the cousins being so good to shakobe that was getting very irratable being out in the hot sun all day.  My boy hates to be hot just like his Daddy. Thanks Herd cousins your the best.
 My chunk of cheese and gregg at Opal Pool. We have made this a mandatory stop every year cause Opal is the name of Greggs great grandma. Memories built and still being made from an amazing family.
 The Old Faithful visitor center has a amazing science experiment room for kids. All the kids are standing next to the man made gyser. That was a amazing place to take the kids.
All the boys at Old Faithfull!

 Shakobe and Old Faithful are about to let off some serious steam.
The boys inside the big theatre inside Old Fatihful visitor center!
 YaY! After sitting in the heat waiting for Old Faithful to go off we decided to cool off with some ice cream. Yum Yum!
Inside Old Faithful Inn. Here we found pictures and info about who we believe to be ancestors from my moms side of the family. Pretty awesome!

 Everyone at the Petrified tree!


 Me and shakobe watching a Black Bear that was wandering around right close to our car. Shakobe was also very interested in the Rangers bear mase he was holding of course.

On our way home from Yellowstone! Had to share this picture of Shakobe, Saylor, and Kanyon having so much fun playing togerther. So special. We had such an amazing trip together i will never forget it. Im in the process of making a book about it and all the funny things the kids did and said during it. Me and Gregg literally started writing them all down cuz we loved it so much. Thanks to another amazing family trip. Can not wait for the next one. 

1 comment:

  1. I love Yellowstone!! Looks like you guys had fun and just the begining of little mans yellowstone trips for sure!! miss you guys

    ReplyDelete

HAPPY HALLOWEEN

HAPPY HALLOWEEN
As you can tell me and Gregg dressed up as bacon and eggs. ha ha. It was the first time in years either of us dressed up and Im so happy my husband was such a good sport about it. We spent halloween night at my sisters house watching my all time favorite halloween movie Hocus Pocus.

Me and my niece and nephew on halloween night. Rylie was a "cute witch" as she would say and my nephew was Edward. The man of all our dreams. It was a fun night.

We or should I say I dressed up our kitty for halloween. He absolutely hated it but put up with it for about five minutes to make me happy.

Rollercoaster

Rollercoaster
So I had to show everyone this picture of our family on the Atlantis rollercoaster at sea world. The looks on everyones faces is priceless. Lol, especially my sisters and myself.