Friday, May 13, 2011

Shakobe Jackson Rigby

Thats right everyone our little angel has finally arrived. It took some work to get him into this big big world but I can honestly say it was worth every single minute of it. It all started on mothers day May 8th (my due date) me and Gregg made it to the hospital at 7 p.m. to be induced I don't want to bore or possibly scare any of those wonderful future mothers out there so I will just say that through everything that happened I'm even more in love with my husband then I was before (which I didn't think was possible.). He was my rock through the whole process and he did absolutely everything he possibly could to help me through labor. Even just having him there next to me never leaving my side was so comforting I cant thank him enough for that.

Monday the 9th was a blur of ups and downs but thankfully if I had to say something great about the whole thing it would be that Shakobe 's heart rate stayed so strong and perfect through the whole long must I say painful process. Skipping to the Grand Finale our beautiful baby boy decided it was time to enter the world on Tuesday May 10th at 3:47 a.m.! 8 pounds 8 ounces 21 inches long. He is such an amazing baby words can not express how happy we are. Because of the long labor and the fact that I ended up with a fever towards the end; Shakobe ended up in the nicu for what we were told would possibly be a week because he had a slight temperature which could be from an infection. Me and Gregg impatiently waited to here results from his labs. Someone upstairs was looking over him because what was suppose to be at least 48 hours turned into two maybe three hours and he was back in our room with us.

I cant end this post without thanking our families for being so completely amazing staying at the hospital waiting for our little guy to come. I cant express my gratitude to my sisters for coming into my room and showing there support and even making me laugh about the whole thing. They even brought there kids which I love so much and was so glad they were there for me even though they couldn't come see me. And I have to say thank you to My dad and Greggs dad for giving me a blessing when Gregg asked for it. They all found uncomfortable spots to spend the night and waited til he finally made it us. Love you all for staying next to the door or next to the phone to show your love and support to our new little family. It makes me so emotional to say that I'm so so happy shakobe has such an amazing family behind him. Love you, now what you have been waiting for an overload of pictures!!! Going to begin with my favorite picture Daddy and Shakobe sleepin at the hospital. You will also notice a picture of him with his cousin Kynlee. I know what your thinking and its true she is two weeks older. lol, love our little guy!!








5 comments:

  1. Congratulations , he is so very handsome. So happy for you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love all of the pictures!!! He is so cute I can't wait til I get to come and hold him!! We miss you guys so much, I am glad that Gregg took great care of you!! I am so happy that you guys are doing good!! Love and miss you see you soon! Give him a hug and kiss from us!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. He's adorable! You guys will be such cute parents. How do you pronounce his name, and how did you come up with it? I'm so glad he's here safely. Happy for you!

    ReplyDelete
  4. He is adorable, I have been thinking about you and could not wait to get to school to find out the news. Congrats! I am so happy for you guys! This is Ashley by the way:)

    ReplyDelete
  5. He is precious! I am so glad everything went okay!
    Your guys sure make a way handsome baby!
    LOVE YA!

    ReplyDelete

HAPPY HALLOWEEN

HAPPY HALLOWEEN
As you can tell me and Gregg dressed up as bacon and eggs. ha ha. It was the first time in years either of us dressed up and Im so happy my husband was such a good sport about it. We spent halloween night at my sisters house watching my all time favorite halloween movie Hocus Pocus.

Me and my niece and nephew on halloween night. Rylie was a "cute witch" as she would say and my nephew was Edward. The man of all our dreams. It was a fun night.

We or should I say I dressed up our kitty for halloween. He absolutely hated it but put up with it for about five minutes to make me happy.

Rollercoaster

Rollercoaster
So I had to show everyone this picture of our family on the Atlantis rollercoaster at sea world. The looks on everyones faces is priceless. Lol, especially my sisters and myself.